Tuesday, June 2, 2009

air dreams

I woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday from a troubled dream. I was with a friend, in a house I did not recognize. He had dark hair and Mediterranean features. I did not know his name. He was upset because his parents had dropped in unexpectedly. They were an older couple, the wife was speaking a few words of English through a thick French accent. I thought they were very nice. "They are", he explained. 'I just can't seem to get them to accept that they're dead". I remember being very pragmatic, suggesting that we show them the death certificates, which were in view on the table.

Then I awoke.

It wasn't until morning that I heard about Air France 447, an Airbus 330 with 228 people on board, being lost in the Atlantic.

I wonder if I will recognize her picture.

No comments: