Sunday, April 27, 2008

sunday drive: neon by night

I had to go in to the store yesterday, which precluded my regularly scheduled Sunday drive. But I got out relatively early, and met my friend Will (aka Trixie) on the Third Street Promenade for a bite. I brought camera along to capture nightime views of a few of the signs I've shown you on previous drives. So take a look at some Santa Monica Neon by Night:

The restored Criterion Theater, on the Promenade:















Stop off for a quick drink at Joe's?














The very end of Route 66, at the Santa Monica Pier:














Neon and incandescent, the Ferris Wheel on the Pier:














Impervious to time, the Pacific Sands on Ocean:














My beloved Aero Theatre, on Montana:

1 comment:

Willym said...

Again a wonderful trip - that ferris wheel shot is incredible.